Wooooooooooooa Nelly, how is this ministry a year old already? They grow up so fast, ya know?
If you only experience me through the words on your computer screen, you might not know I tend to be… overly self-critical, a little obsessively driven, and slow to celebrate sucess of any kind.
I don’t like the spotlight.
I don’t like to brag about myself.
I like to dream big and fight like halibutto make it happen.
I always want to focus on the future, not the past.
But I know that isn’t the most healthy way to operate. So today I am forcing myself to sit down (an accomplishment in itself) and CELEBRATE all the amazing things that have happened in the past 12 months.
Without further flying confetti… let’s take a look back at:
Ministry Year 1 By the Numbers
- 30 Blog Posts on RecklesslyAlive.com, JoyPedrow.com, ToSaveaLife.com, FaithIt.com and a featured interview by Milk & Honey Magazine.
- 1 Mega-Viral post 12 Reasons Millennials Are Over Church viewed and shared over 1,000,000 times and translated into 12 different languages!
- 1 Flight to Dallas to be a part of the Dallas Theological Seminary Podcast.
- 1 Partnership with a youth pastor friend to write a bible study for young people on depression and suicide. (Implenting the study in October!)
- 19 Speaking Events including youth groups, college campuses, a teachers event, our own Come Alive tour, podcasts, radio interviews and even a feature on the TV Program The 700 Club!
- 1 Suicide Prevention Video, “Choose to Live,” released in November and viewed over 20,000 times across Facebook and Youtube. The video is also being used in the health curriculum in the school district where I teach!
- 1 (amazing) Book Publisher working with me on reshaping my manuscript (!!!) Calm down, it’s super not official yet. You bet I’ll tell you when it is.
- 1 Facebook Live Video with my awesome friends over at Anguished Hearts. You can watch our chat here about suicide, marriage, addiction, post-partum depression, freedom, and what it means to be Recklessly Alive.
- 2,060 Likes (and 2,143) to the Facebook Page (that I was scared to create because I thought no one would follow.)
- Over 260,000 views to RecklesslyAlive.com as I try my best to encourage people struggling to pursue a life that is fully and recklessly alive.
Not too shabby for a tiny-wasited, white boy from Minnesota. 🙂
I’m actually shocked by that list. I never could have imagined what God would do when I stepped out into oncoming traffic and said yes to this crazy ministry thing. But far better than any of those numbers are all the incredible people I’ve gotten to meet along the way.
What’s planned for the next 12 months? What a great question!
- (Hopefully) signing a book contract telling my story from suicide attempt towards abundant life.
- Planning, filming and releasing the 2nd suicide prevention video.
- Releasing my first devotional for those struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts. Stay tuned for details on that one.
- I am part of a cohort of youth pastors planning a big suicide prevention event here in Minneapolis during suicide prevention week in September!
- I am teaching a blogging workshop here in Minnesota sponsored by the Minnesota Christian Writer’s Guild. I’ll share more info about that soon.
- Some Merch as they say in the biz (merchandise). Hoping to sell t-shirts and some other awesome stuff.
- New blog posts every 2 weeks (my one-true love).
- An East Coast Speaking Tour! Woooo! I am traveling 8/14-8/26. So far I am booked in Pennsylvania and New York and I’ll be driving there and back from Minnesota. I’d love to stop in your town! Fill out a speaking request here or send me an email – email@example.com.
- On-Going Speaking Calendar.
The best thing about the past 12 months? I know I am doing what I was created to do and that is the most incredible feeling.
Thank you to every single one of you who has supported me through this blog and ministry. Thank you for your encouragement and for sharing my writing. Thank you for standing up for truth and hope. See you soon my friends!
I’d love it if you would leave a comment about one way you’ve been impacted by this blog, this ministry, or my life! It would be so fun to read some memories and encouragement!
In it with you people,